Family health should always be our top priority. With an increase in the risk of various kinds of diseases and higher medical treatment expenses, it is indeed necessary to protect your family and keep them healthy and happy. A family health insurance plan protects more than one member of your family for a fixed amount in exchange of a single annual premium. Family health insurance provides coverage to two or more members of your family at the same time, in case they are hospitalized or any illness is diagnosed. This type of medical insurance is recommended for families with lots of medical issues in the past.
Benefits of family health insurance:
- Hospitalization cover provides protection to the insurer who is admitted by bearing their hospital expenses for a minimum of 24 hours. The expenses include nursing consultation fees, specialist fees, cost of medicines and drugs, room rent, charges for surgeon, nurse, anaesthetist and practitioner.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transport as per specified limits.
- Air ambulance benefits: Permitted up to 10% of the of the sum opted by the insured, during one policy period. (Applicable for sum insured of 7.5 lakhs and above only).
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 30 days before admitting in the hospital.
- Post hospitalization expenses up to 60 days after discharge from the hospital.
- Out patient consultation expenses up to a certain limit.
- Domiciliary expenses for a period exceeding 3 days.
Choosing the right health insurance policy is always a smart decision. A thorough research has to be done to choose the best insurance provider. Reputed insurers such Bharti AXA or others must be your top picks when you choose the best health insurance policy.
Below given are some easy steps to buy family health insurance online:
- Know your needs: Analyse your health condition and choose the right kind of health insurance. For example, for a family of young people, Rs 5 lakhs coverage is sufficient, whereas a family with senior citizens should choose a larger floater option. And if they are too old, it is better to buy a separate cover and not include them in the floater option.
- Research insurance providers: Make sure that the insurer provides a better claim settlement ratio. Do a research on the financial and service record of the company.
- Compare premium and plans: Today there a plenty of insurance providers in the market. Compare the features, coverage, premiums and benefits provided by each of the insurers.
- Verify network hospitals: Look for insurance providers with tie-ups with leading hospitals. Also make sure that your preferred hospital comes in the list of the network hospital, so that you get cashless treatment in the hospital that you choose.
- Other alternative treatments: It is better to choose insurers who provide coverage to alternative treatments such as ayurveda, homeopathy and unani.