Giving birth to a child is the most bittersweet experience in the world. It is heaven and hell along. And this heaven and hell fades by time. It tinges the coming times sweet and sour – sweet with a pure life, sour with the after-effects of delivery. Giving birth pushes the body into stress. Many problems occur; one of them being incontinence. And many women face it too. But the thing to smile about is that it is temporary. Using incontinence pads or adult nappies help dealing with it, but treating it the right way becomes crucial for the healing.
The root of Pregnancy-Incontinence.
Urination happen using different mechanisms: The nerves, the muscles, and the bladder. If anything goes wrong with any part, chances of incontinence go up. Vaginal Delivery stresses the pelvic muscles, thereby damaging the nerve cells that control the muscles. This happens due to prolonged labor and the damage done leads to incontinence. Most incontinence heals within weeks, but in some cases they get prolonged. You must see a doctor if the problem persists. It is advised to buy bulk adult nappies at affordable price if the situation is worse.
Cesarean Delivery does reduce the chance of getting incontinence. But it still might occur due to other reasons such as Pelvic Organ Prolapse.
There are preventive measures, and there are cures too, around incontinence due to pregnancy.
Prevention of Pregnancy-Incontinence:
If you have plans to give birth to a child, which is beautiful indeed, you need to take care of few things. This will lower the chances of incontinence and usage of incontinence pads. Here are few preventive measures:
- Have a healthy diet and maintain weight: Gaining weight can lead to an excess stress upon the pelvic muscles. This can increase the chances of pelvic muscle weakening and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Take a high-fiber diet. It will save you from using adult nappies later.
- Avoid anything Diuretic: Diuretics, like caffeine or carbonated drinks, make you urinate more and more often. This puts pressure upon the pelvic muscles.
- Take care of any UTI: Urinary Tract Infections are like seeing a Leopard when you are running to save yourself from a lion. Seek medical help to avoid any discomfort or injury.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: Though you might feel powerful after having a shot, it actually weakens your strength. Furthermore, smoking can make you cough, which can put pressure on pelvic muscles. It is also bad for that innocent child.
- Perform Kegel exercises: They come helpful anytime.
- Avoid medications that impact urination or urinary system: Certain drugs like antihistamines, opiates, tricyclic antidepressants, antispasmodics, etc causes change in the normal urinary process and causes urinary retention.
Curing your after-pregnancy incontinence:
If you have anyhow gotten incontinence then there is nothing to stress about, because stress will worsen the situation further. Here are few things you can do to deal with the same:
- Avoiding foods that irritate bladder: You need to heal your bladder and muscles, and irritants can come as obstruction in your healing process.
- Perform Kegel exercises: When incontinence happens due to the damaged nerve cells, you lose your control. Performing Kegel exercises can help you regain that control.
- Using Incontinence Pads: It is not actually a cure but sort of support. You might want buy bulk adult nappies at affordable price. But make sure you do not rely over them. It will delay your regaining of control.
- Using treatments and tampons: A pessary is inserted into vagina to support the urethra. Surgical Slings are also used to help treat the condition. Tampons are like some compact version of pads. But know that these treatments are not for mild conditions.
- Take a healthy diet and maintain weight: It’ll prevent putting stress over your weakened muscles.